Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Labor Free Day

What a great weekend!!!  We got to look forward to a Saturday football game, (which admittedly could have gone better) and then a magical Sunday and Monday.  Magical because Matt’s parents offered to take ALL FOUR MONKEYS Sunday morning and keep them until Monday morning.  So Matt and I got 24 blessed hours kid free.  Don’t get me wrong…I love my babies…but our time to miss them is minimal.  And those 24 hours meant that Matt and I got to drive around in our carseat-unfriendly car, go run together right at naptime and then go out for dinner without worrying about being home at any certain time.  (of course we were home and ready for bed by 7:30, but we didn’t HAVE to be-).  We enjoyed every minute of it!!  And, when the kids came home it wasn’t a minute too soon.  I missed the little stinkers (the majority of Matt and my dinner conversation was about them). 

I hope my in laws know how very much we appreciate the time and effort that goes in to providing such a break for us…and as much as we enjoy it, it’s nice to know that the babies enjoy the time with Nana and Dee even more.  

1 comment: