Monday, April 23, 2012

Done And Done

HOORAY THE HALF MARATHON IS OVER!!!!  We did it!!

HALFMARATHON 003

Yikes, I know.   But I wanted to have something to document the event and sadly, this was the best picture we got.  Race results are here…there were 28 racers, and Matt finished in 3rd!  He ran it in 1:58:58.  I finished 8th and ran it in 2:09:16.   While I am so so happy that we did it, I’m mostly glad it’s over!  We are going to take some time off before we do another one for sure.  I am so very sore this morning (Matt said his legs were hurting just a little bit-*jerk*; meanwhile it is agony for me to walk down the stairs)  The course was four loops and an out and back (the sign in the picture was the turnaround right before the end) and pretty hilly on the back end of each loop.  However it was around a pretty lake and through a really nice park so that was nice. 

Anyway, I am sure everyone is sick to death of hearing about this race (I certainly am) but it was nice to have all the support-don’t know if I could have done the race without it!

No comments:

Post a Comment