Thursday, July 28, 2011

This Is Your Brain on Four Kids, a Dog, a Cat and 2 Hamsters.

I don’t even know how to start this one.  So I’m just going to jump right in. 

Today I lost my keys somewhere during Caitlin’s open house and after hunting among 50 bajillion people and 85 hundred rooms, I gave up.  I decided to walk home with the four babies.  Fortunately it is only a half a mile from the house.  I’d grab the spares and head back to the school to pick the van up.

I’d only gotten about halfway home (which took 35 minutes due to a very tired Hannah, and a Ben who needed to be carried the whole-half-mile-uphill-both-ways-in-the-snow) before I realized that I would not find the spares at home because…get ready…I left them in the (LOCKED) van. 

That’s right.  I keep my spares locked in my van so they won’t get lost/stolen.  (Because of course…MOMMY BRILLIANT)

Sigh.  Oh!  And since I am obviously so responsible?  I locked the house…the key to which is with my other keys.  Lost at the school.  Sadly it wasn’t the first time I’d had to break into my own home…I’m considering a career in housebreaking. 

I don’t know what my next move should be…I mean, I really don’t want to call up there and ask if they’ve found my keys and then have them find out this early in the year that Caitlin’s mom is SO scatterbrained (which they will inevitably figure out, but I usually like to wait until at least the third week of school.) 

But I really really need my keys!!  I think I’ll make Matt take care of it when he get’s off work. 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness!!! You poor thing!! Next time call me and I'll come rescue you!!! Have you told Matt what awaits him when he gets home?? Please let us know how it turns out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm laughing hysterically!!! Something I would SOOO do, and then I'd have to call me overly responsible, always knows where everything is husband and explain the whole situation. I hope it all worked out okay!

    ReplyDelete