Friday, August 12, 2011

Friday Bullets

Good Morning!  Just a few things to report today.

  • Soccer and baseball tryouts are tomorrow morning and Caitlin has already been recruited by two of the three teams that are playing this year!  One of the coaches asked me to assist him coaching because this guarantees Caitlin will be on his team.  I’m actually considering it because I love the idea of coaching and we did have a great experience with this coach last year.  We will see…regardless, I’m proud to be mama to such a soccer star!
  • Today at school, Matthew has TheBigRace.  Apparently the boys at school spend recess racing one another around the playground track.  It has come down to Matthew and another boy “B”.  Today they will race each other.  Matthew was very concerned about losing until yesterday when he found out that “B”’s girlfriend has switched alliances and will now be cheering for Matthew.  “And mommy, she used to be a cheerleader so I’m sure I’ll get a lot of spirit”, he told me.  Apparently “spirit” from a cute former cheerleader is the edge he needs.
  • Hannah woke up this morning practically in tears because she doesn’t get to go to preschool today.  She absolutely loves it!  Yesterday I went to pick her up and she was walking in from the playground holding hands with her new best friend (who Hannah talks about all the time).  I’m glad that she likes it…and might even consider a full time preschool next year…maybe.
  • As I was writing this post, I just had to race upstairs to get Ben, who according to Hannah, “was using mommy’s makeup but I NOT!”.  (she is always in trouble for touching my makeup).  Sure enough, I find Ben in the bathroom holding a tube of mascara which he had applied to his eyes.  There goes that “all boy” theory…

That’s all for today.  Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!! How did TheVeryBigRace end up??? We are on the edge of our seats!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, how did the big race go? I'm dyin' over heah!

    ReplyDelete