Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Race Results

Good Morning!  And since I know you are all sitting on the edge of your seats…Matthew won TheBigRace!!  But not on Friday.  Apparently on Friday the other racer couldn’t race because he had, “unfinished business”.  Whatever that means.  According to Matthew he had five other kids he had to race, so TheBigRace was postponed until Monday, and that’s when Matthew won! 

But!  (and I would love to have been a fly on the wall when all these rules were negotiated.  By a bunch of second grade boys.)  Matthew is obligated to race B “every other day also including tomorrow”.  Ha!  Which means he had to race yesterday..and due to a bad start…he lost.  He didn’t seem to broken up about it because apparently the playground jury decided that it didn’t count.  (I verified this with another second grade runner lol).  He has gotten quite fast due to all this racing and (don’t tell her I said so!) he can even outrun Caitlin in a sprint race.  Caitlin can still take him in the long distance running though!

Soccer and baseball evaluations went well.  I decided to coach as an assistant to Caitlin’s team.  We are both pretty excited!  Practice starts on Thursday.  Matthew is not on the same baseball team as last year, but does have his best buddy from last season on the team so he’s happy.  His new coach is a baseball fanatic and I know Matthew is going to love this season! 

I signed Pea up for a beginner ballet class.  I desperately hope that she hates it because the cost of real ballet, with recitals and costumes?  Is like a car payment.  A very nice car payment.  But I do want her to try it out. 

Ben has started showing an interest in soccer lately because we’ve started practicing a lot with Caitlin.  Here’s a picture I took of him “practicing”:

FewPilot Practice 014

Chassie is obviously unimpressed. 

Grandpa is coming over for a visit today…we are so looking forward to seeing him!  More soon…

1 comment: