Sunday, April 4, 2010

Great Spring Break

Sunday. I'm usually sad on Sunday evenings because the work week begins; Matt goes back to work and the munchkins go back to school. But this Sunday I am especially sad because this is the very end of a WONDERFUL spring break! It began with my birthday (which you KNOW I love) and ended with the birth of baby Zoe and in between was fun, fun, fun!


Because the week was so full I have about 30 pictures  to post...so this may be a long post. However if I get bored, I'll post more later :).




To begin with...my birthday. SO GREAT. It actually started on Friday when Matt surprised me by coming home early (*Matt never surprises me because I thought I hated surprises. Turns out I LOVE them*) with flowers and a yellow cake with chocolate icing..two of my most favoritest things :). We got to get all of our responsibilities done (gym, dinner cooking, laundry and cleanup) and were ready to party (with balloons) by 4:00. What a treat!!

Then on Saturday I had to take the GACE (Georgia teaching certification test) which I probably did not pass, (I forgot to study) but since it was my actual birthday it doesn't really count. Unless of course I pass, in which case it totally counts. After the test, Matt took me out to our favorite restaurant and then to the bookstore. While we were there I dragged him to the romance section (JUST FOR A SECOND) and all of a sudden the sales lady walks up to Matt (who may or may not have been perusing the romance titles) and asks him if he needs help finding anything; to which Matt cleverly (if not convincingly) replies, "UM, Uh, Yes. Can you tell me where the business section is???" I just about died laughing.

Then, on Sunday we had his family over for "Barberitos and Margaritos" which is an excellent combination by the way...and had a nice, relaxed evening.

Then, the week began and Matt had to go back to work, so the kids and I were on our own.  We managed to fill our time with egg decorating and playgrounds and picnics.  I was really able to see what a blessing four kids is...we were like our own playgroup!  We did so many fun things together..and when the "babies" (Ben and Hannah) took naps, the big kids and I got to do more grown up things...it was great.  I am really really going to miss them this next week!  Here are just a few pictures of all of the fun we had:  (I'm tired of writing.  So I'm gonna tell it through the pictures)
Ben LOVES to swing!  He just smiles the whole time-he is such a joyful baby!!


Caitlin: climbing the ladder she used to be petrified of.  What a big girl :)

Matthew-operating heavy machinery.  Sort of. 

Pea loves to swing on the bar above the slide before she goes down (still on her tummy)

These "spinny things" are the kids favorites-the big kids have mastered them!


Hannah, however...has not.  She goes as fast as she can around and around and then tries to run around on the playground right afterward...which never goes well because she is so dizzy! 

Best Buds




When he's not swinging, he's being carried around...he loves it :)

The big kids on a giant plastic boulder.  They SWEAR they found a fossil in it. 

Dying and decorating eggs with the wonderful egg decorating kit Ann brought us...they LOVED it!

Matthew's egg

Caitlin's egg

And Pea's egg.  Which she dyed, colored, stickered, glittered and promptly hurled to the floor after being told that there were no more eggs to decorate.  Good thing it was hard boiled!

The Ben didn't get to decorate, but he did get to eat.  And that was enough for him!

The big kids and I were playing soccer in the backyard...Hannah and Ben are plotting. 

At the playground, Pea found a group of girls and joined right in.  She's so shy....

Swinging never gets old

She loves to be pushed on the swing-she always says, "To da moon?", as in "push me as high as the moon!".

Our Easter egg hunt...it was so much fun!!!  The big kids were so sweet to Hannah...they saved all the easy eggs for her to find. 

Matthew

Pea, showing off her giraffe basket which she loves

"Take the egg, Just don't hurt my giraffe!"

Daddy and The Ben

Caitlin, finding the soccer egg in the playhouse

I had to take a picture of this-Matthew occasionally wets his bed still, except when we wake him up before we go to bed and make him go potty.  He hates wetting his bed, so he made Matt a little reminder note. 

Art skillz


Our Spring break ended in the best way possible; baby Zoe decided to come a bit early, and we were all thrilled!!  Unfortunately I don't have any pictures, but suffice it to say that she is as beautiful as her parents...the kids are so so so happy to have a new cousin and Matt and I are thrilled to have a brand new niece that is so close by.  Happy Birthday Zoe...we can't wait to watch you grow (but not too fast :))

No comments:

Post a Comment