Monday, September 6, 2010

Baby Backpack

Ever since our trip to Tallulah Gorge, I have been completely obsessed on a quest to find an inexpensive backpack carrier for TheBen to replace the one I backed over (what?!  at least there was no baby in there!)  I found a lot of used backpacks on ebay and craigslist, but they were all really, really nice, and really, really expensive.  However after a few days of searching I finally found a nice, basic one for $20!!!!!  Except it was in Greenville, SC.-a good hour and a half away.  After seeing the ($200) alternatives, I decided it was just what I wanted and the price was right, so I'd make the trip.  However when I contacted the seller, she said she would meet me halfway-bonus!

So this morning, Matt, Ben and I got in the van (big kids are at the Nana's) and drove up to pick up the backpack.  It was perfect!!!  So great in fact, that we couldn't resist stopping along the way to try it out.  Fortunately there were THREE state parks on our route home...we decided to stop at Tugaloo state park, on Lake Hartwell...it was so nice!!   We will definitely go again.  Here's the only picture we got-enjoying the new backpack:
I think he's as excited as I am-


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! What a find!

    If you're looking for somewhere else to go that's kind of neat, look up Stumphouse Tunnel in Walhalla, SC. Pretty neat, but be sure to take a flashlight. The tunnel is pretty dark!

    ReplyDelete