Thursday, March 31, 2011

Matthew

Yesterday, around 4:00 my cell phone rings.  I don't recognize the number but it's local so I answer. 

"Hello!"

"......."

"Uh, hello?"

(tiny voice on the other end) "Can i please speak to Matthew please?"

"Um, sure!  Can I tell him who this is?"
"This is Chrissy from his class and I wanted to talk to Matthew"  (the voice is getting less tiny and more insistent).
"Alright, hold on."  Deep breath, "MATTHEW!  SOMEONE WHO IS A GIRL IS CALLING YOU ON MY CELL PHONE!"

Matthew at least has the grace to turn bright red then grabs the phone and runs out of the room.  I follow him (of course.)
"hello this is matthew."

"hi chrissy, um, I'm kind of busy right now. Oh okay, bye"

"here mommy, here's your phone".  He returns to playing.  I get no explanation..nothing!

Later that evening I'm telling Matt the story.

"HE GAVE OUT MY CELL PHONE NUMBER TO A GIRL!  And didn't even tell me!!  And she called it!  And they talked!  I'm a little irritated!  Will you please speak to him about this?  It seems like more of a father son thing."

"Sure."

"Hey Matthew, I heard a girl called you today on mommy's cell phone.  Was she cute?"

4 comments:

  1. Matthew (a 6 year old) saying "I'm kind of busy right now"

    PRICELESS

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG. I laughed for no kidding 20 minutes over this.....CLASSIC on all fronts!!! And will you please post for Tim....IS she cute? That was all he wanted to know about the whole situation......

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bwahahahaha! Love it! I remember when Oliver got his first phone call. Granted, it was not on my cell and it was not from a girl. It was hysterical listening to their non-conversation. It was mostly a lot of what?'s and uh-huh's before I finally told him he had to hang up.

    ReplyDelete