Thursday, April 21, 2011

New!

Finally, we are no longer in the market for a new (used) car to replace ‘Little Red’…because look what I bought today!!

IMG_1184

IMG_1185

oooo!!!  So pretty!!  And it matches the other cars, which is obviously VERY important.  It’s a 2001 accord and a big upgrade for Matt from little red.  The poor guy has been driving around in rotten conditions to save money on gas, and he so deserves an upgrade! He likes this one because in addition to not leaking copious amounts of oil, it also doesn’t rattle past 60mph, doesn’t sound like a no-muffler-muscle-car, and the most important feature of all?

IMG_1186

The shiny, ice cold, beautiful AIR CONDITIONING.  Matt’s favorite feature.  Before I went to check the car out this morning I think his exact words were, “I don’t care if they want to GIVE me the car, if the AC doesn’t work, I don’t want it.”.  He’s a little bitter about the past few Georgia summers with no air.  The car also gets terrific gas mileage, so we are happy.

I took both kids with me this morning to go look/buy the car and HOLY COW do you know how long it takes to buy a car?  Like, I pretty much knew I wanted it and the process still took a full two hours!!  (with Pea and Ben it felt like seven.  They should really have toys or at least a holding room for kids at those places).  But it was all worth it in the end…Matt can’t wait to come home today and try out his new vehicle Smile

Oh!  And the best part of the story?  Is that on the way home from the dealership (which was an hour away), Pea…perhaps in the spirit of full disclosure to the car, christened it with throw-up! (please don’t tell matt)  Yes.  I hope that it was an isolated incident…but I have a feeling that this could be an…interesting weekend for us…

4 comments:

  1. Looks like Vanny Silver has a new man...
    So glad yall finally found the one you wanted! I can't believe you didn't post picture of the throw up lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new car!!!!! Hoping that Pea is not sick!!! Good job to you!!! Buying vehicles is very yuck!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hooray for the car, not so much on the throw up! Hope she feels better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry, I can't help but laugh because when Kent got his new car last year (the year before?) Caroline threw up in it the next day! LOL

    Also, I hear ya on the car buying thing. The last time I was involved was when we bought my Jeep and I was pregnant with Caroline. It took for-freaking-ever and I thought I was going to murder someone before it was all over.

    Yay for new car! Yay for Matt!

    ReplyDelete