Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I Don’t Know If We Could Have Possibly Crammed Any More Fun….

…into the past four days-we have been so busy!  Of course it all started last week when we won tickets/parking/money/food.uga horse riding 023
  Then, as if that wasn’t awesome enough, Nana and Dee agreed not only to babysit during the game, but also to keep the kids that night as well. (In my mind that was almost better than winning the tickets.)  Matt and I decided to splurge (whoo-hoo for credit card reward points!) and get a hotel room in downtown Athens Saturday night as well. 
Saturday morning we dropped the kiddies over at N & D’s house and headed downtown for the game.  Here we (and our 14 chins) are, ready for the game!  uga horse riding 020
We stopped at a little Italian sandwich place on the way for a pitcher and a sandwich.  (An aside: My sandwich was HUMONGOUS!  So big in fact that I decided to save half of it for the game. Those of you who go to games on a regular basis know that this was a waste of aluminum foil and a brown bag.  They made me THROW AWAY THE WHOLE DELICIOUS THING BEFORE I COULD GO IN TO THE GAME.  I debated going in.)  After our lunch we headed to the stadium.  Along with 14000 of our closest friends:
uga horse riding 021
And what a game it was!  My only regret going in was that I just knew it was going to be a shutout…we were expected to win by at least 30 and while that is a good thing, it makes for a bit of a boring game.  However it turned out to be a total nail biter!  We did pull off the win but it was anything but boring!
uga horse riding 025
Go DAWGS!!  I enjoyed watching the game so much and hope that Matt and I don’t have to wait another 5 years to do it again!
   uga horse riding 033
After the game we went back to our hotel room, showered and headed out for a night on the town!  We made it all the way to 8:30 before it was lights out.  Yes, we are lightweights. 
Here’s a picture one of the waitresses took…very silly.  (in my defense she said something unexpectedly hilarious just before taking the picture):
uga horse riding 036
I guess Matt did not think it was as funny as I did. 
What a fun weekend!  We picked up the babies on Sunday morning, went to church and then the kids and I headed up to Grandmas house…time for round 2 of fun!  Poor Matt has to work this week so he missed out this time.  (Don’t feel too badly for him…he did get to go see a “man movie” and eat brisket.)
Once we got to Grandma’s house she had a big surprise for the kids…they were each going to get to ride Kwirky!  This was a first for both the horse and the kids…and it was awesome!!  The kids and Kwirky did beautifully:
uga horse riding 041
She’s a natural! 
uga horse riding 046
Matthew loved it too..he said, “it feels like a massage!!”
uga horse riding 050
uga horse riding 051
Pea got to ride too, but I did not get pictures…I walked beside her just in case something happened.  She loved it too and can’t wait to go again.
After riding the horse we got to ride in the golf cart which is always a huge hit with the kids.  We drove all around the neighborhood and even discovered a new playground!
The next day was filled with fun as well.  We decorated gingerbread men (I have pictures of that too, but I am afraid I left the camera card at Grandmas, so I’ll have to share those later.), rode in the golf cart and ended the day with a delicious dinner-pot roast, mashed potatoes, green beans and Lankford rolls.  I have never seen my kids eat so much…Hannah actually asked for seconds! 
Overall it has been a great four days.  As we approach Thanksgiving, I realize how fortunate I am to have such an amazing family-both my own, and the one I married into.  I have a lot to be thankful for!

No comments:

Post a Comment