Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bullets

Today you get bullets, and you can thank Benben, who decided to revert back to infancy and wake up crying every 2 hours last night.  I think he had nightmares (poor baby) because the only way he would sleep was directly on my chest, arms clasped tightly around my neck (sounds sweet now, but at 4am it’s a bit…chokey.) 

 

  • It is 8:30 and the abovementioned baby is still fast asleep.  Must be nice.
  • Matthew’s team lost their game last night which puts them out of their tournament.  It was a great season for them and I really enjoyed the group of parents this year.  Not going to miss the 715 games though!
  • Caitlin’s tournament starts on Thursday night.  It is a single elimination tournament, and since the more pressure there is, the yellier I become, I will be sending Matt to the game.  (the other parents will appreciate this).
  • I cooked artichokes for the first time yesterday.  Used a recipe from Life As A Plate (link on the side).  De-Lish!
  • It’s snake season here.  We have found four snakes on the patio and yesterday a big (well, relatively big…like 7 inches) dead at the end of the driveway. (we think Patti is responsible)  I was so grateful to have Matthew who was brave enough to get rid of it.  Until he decided to swing it wildly in my face.  He likes to see me scream, the little stink.
  • We go on vacation in less than a month!  Matt’s yearly conference is three days but we are going to stay for the week!  Our accommodations have been upgraded this year and I am so looking forward to it!
  • Our pool opened and we took the kids on Sunday.  The water was FREEEEEZING!  Of course that did not stop Caitlin from getting right in and swimming the whole time.  Matthew and Hannah got in for a bit, and Ben fell in (headfirst.  Matt and I were right there to catch him thank goodness!)  Hopefully this will give him a bit of healthy fear. 

That’s all folks.  Happy Tuesday!

1 comment: