Monday, May 2, 2011

A Momentous Occasion

Caitlin First Communion 012

Yesterday was a very big day for the Schroeder family!  Caitlin received her First Holy Communion!  Not only was it Divine Mercy Sunday, but it was also May 1st, which is the start of Mary’s month…I couldn’t have chosen a better day! 

In the Mass, Caitlin was responsible for the First Reading and did very well.  We practiced quite a bit but I was still surprised at how composed she was while she read…She didn’t seem a bit nervous (I, of course, was on the edge of my seat the entire time!)

In honor of the big day, everyone got all ‘purdy’…here are some pictures (Ben did not make it in, and also would probably resent being included in ‘purdy’ pictures.)

Caitlin First Communion 007

The sun was in their eyes, so I did the “close your eyes until I count to three then open and smile” trick…apparently Hannah couldn’t do this without also throwing out her hands. 

Handsome Matthew:

Caitlin First Communion 010

Beautiful Caitlin:

Caitlin First Communion 009

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Caitlin!!
    Great pics of everyone all dressed up :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how grown up Caitlin is!!! Congrats on the big day!!! Thanks for posting!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Pretty Miss Grown Up Caitlin!!!
    I can't get over what a beautiful girl she is!!

    ReplyDelete